Galvanized iron wire also named GI wire.
- Materials: mild steel, annealed wire. Wire diameter: 0.7mm - 4.5mm.
- Elongation: commonly 20% - 30%. Tensile strength: usually 350 - 550 MPa.
- Zinc coated: Max 300g/m2.
- Surface treatments: electro galvanized, hot-dip galvanized, zinc coating.
- Types: electro galvanized wire, hot-dip galvanized wire, Galfan wire.
- Features: good ductility, excellent elasticity, anti-corrosion。
- Used in mesh weaving, crafts making.
- Used as parts in communication devices.
- Used as tie wire in products packaging, construction.
Packing: Coils or spools, cartons or pallets. Inside with plastic cover and outside with hessian, or inside with plastic cover and outside with woven bag.
The galvanized process is divided into two types:electro galvanized and hot-dip galvanized.
Electro galvanized wire:
Wire diameter: 0.15mm - 5.0mm Zinc coated: 8 - 13g/m2
Features: shiny and beautiful surface, anti-corrosion, uniform zinc coating
Hot-dip galvanized wire:
Wire diameter: 0.2mm - 4.0mm Wire gauge: 8 - 36 gauge Zinc coated: 30 - 60g/m2
Features: thick zinc coating, fast production speed, good corrosion resistance, excellent flexibility.